Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Gregory Brothers and Web 2.0

So, my students are once again enlightening me on Web 2.0! We used Glogster today as part of a project on Supreme Court Cases. My last class of the day (and the only class to do so) figured out a way to "chat" on Glogster. So tomorrow we'll have a short lesson on work ethic and the Internet before we go to the computer lab... :)

On to the title of this post, The Gregory Brothers. Wow - these boys are pretty amazing! One student is doing his project on Gideon vs Wainwright and asked if he could put this "Bed Intruder Song" on his glog. I asked if it was appropriate (i.e. relevant and no explicit stuff), he assured me it was. When I said okay, a lot of kids snickered so I thought I'd check it out. They were glad to show me! It reminds me of preschoolers who bring "show and tell."  So they show me the song and I'm skeptical, so we look up the original footage.  Apparently, there are these two teenage boys (who are pretty darn good at Autotune - which I don't know what this is...my kids are explaining it to me as we speak) who took this news footage and remixed it into a song. I was amazed that they have the creativity to make this and the tek skills to create it! Young people like these two teens and my wonderful students who are introducing me to their world are exactly the reason I am leaving my comfort zone and exploring Web 2.0! I love my job :)

For Amanda - these boys have a video of Charlie Sheen "Winning!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment