Monday, March 28, 2011

Brainstorming Projects

Individual Project - I want to create a working blog that I can use in my classroom. I am currently researching the logistics of how to set this up. I envision a class blog that students could comment on as opposed to blogs for each of my students. (After this semester, I have learned the disadvantages of this as far as keeping up w/ each other in a meaningful way.) I can not decide whether to make this specific to one unit (say Supreme Court Cases) or applicable to my class all semester. Still debating that one...

Individual (Fun) Project - I think I'm going to try and create a mash-up. This may not sound hard but for me (the didn't-know-that-I-was-so-tek-challenged) this is going to be a significant project.

Group Project - For all of us who have "embraced ambiguity" this semester - it may be a worthwhile project if we created some sort of structure, guide, etc to this class for future students. I realize that instructors change course plans (I do this every semester in my own classes) but I know that we have struggled this semester with making sense of it all. I think some structure (not necessarily for "control" purposes D.I.) but just for sanity sake would be beneficial for students to come!

Group (Fun) Project - I think we have pretty much decided that we are going to have a "telephone" competition (remember that old game - telephone where one person would whisper something into someone's ear and we would all laugh and giggle at what the original statement turned into). Let the games begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment