Thursday, April 14, 2011

Newspapers Adapting to New Media

I have heard a lot of discussion about the demise of newspapers across the country. Most recently the NY Times has been in the headlines trying to decide how to make $ and still offer content online.

Today an incident happened at a local elementary school at the end of the day. When I got home about 5:30pm I told my husband that I wanted to check FB to see what happened. I was suprised to see no chatter, no details. Maybe I just don't have the right "friends" - there could have been people on FB talking about it but none that I could see.

Just a few minutes ago, a friend told me the Hickory Daily Record online had an article about it. I was impressed that they had the content up before FB. This is usually not the case with breaking events and the media. I am proud of our Hickory Daily Record! Keep up the good work!!!

(By the way - I am very proud of the teachers and staff @ Stony Point Elementary as well. They definitely did a great job today.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What was that guy thinking? I bet it wasn't good! That looks like a disaster averted.

    ReplyDelete