Saturday, March 5, 2011

Picasa, YouTube, and Chirbit

From earlier assignments in class, I had already created YouTube and Picasa accounts.  I have uploaded videos to YouTube for the purpose of fulfilling requirements of this class.  In the future, I may be able to upload videos that we create in class...I'm sure I'll find uses for YouTube.  I doubt that I'll be "vlogging" much though.  I would like to purchase a small flip cam or something other than my laptop to create videos with.  Picasa is the only medium in which I know how to capture video using my laptop.  I need to broaden my knowledge of creating videos, using video software, etc.  Before this semester, I did not see how it could be useful in my classroom, but I definitely have some ideas now! (Justin - thanks for sharing your video - Hope Exists...I sent a link out to all the faculty at my school. Alexander County is similar to Rutherford in that they are rural and have lost a lot of manufacturing jobs in the last ten years or so.)

Lastly, I created an account on yourlisten.com but realized that it was not exactly what I needed for this purpose.  So, I checked out fellow classmates accounts (thanks for the idea guys!) and decided on Chirbit...mainly because I liked the cute little man in the icon! :) Hehe... Anyway, I am thinking about ways that my students can use this in class. When I get a life back, I will research ways that other teachers are using these tools in their classrooms. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that video with your co-workers. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete